This is an unpaid volunteer role on board the Africa Mercy or Global Mercy, hospital ships serving those in need in sub-Saharan Africa by providing free, life-saving surgeries and strengthening health care systems.
The Endpoint Analyst works from specifications to install, configure and monitor desktops, mobile devices, and other network attached devices commonly used by the ship crew.
The Endpoint Analyst volunteer position, part of the Information Services Department, will be located on the Africa Mercy or Global Mercy, the world’s largest non-governmental hospital ships. The preferred minimum time commitment for this role is three months.
- Associate degree in Information Systems, or Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- At least 2 years relevant work experience is required, preferably in an enterprise IT environment
- Certification in Microsoft Modern Workplace or Enterprise Mobility and Security preferred
- Working knowledge of windows registry, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory.
- Good knowledge of latest desktop and mobile device operating systems administration tools and techniques to support Android, Apple and Windows devices.
- Help-desk and issue tracking software experience preferred
- MCP, CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ certification, or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of technology deployment methodologies and frameworks for incident resolution