Mercy Ships Australia needs confident communicators capable of delivering informative and inspiring presentations to a variety of audiences.
These people would be passionate about the Mercy Ships mission of making a difference to peoples’ lives through the provision of life-saving medical assistance and health education to the poorest nations.
The successful applicant will provide presentations to churches and community groups who request a Mercy Ships speaker by contacting the Mercy Ships Australia national office.
Speaking presentations are usually 20-40 minutes in duration, and often include questions, so the speaker needs to be well informed and abreast of the current situation at any given time.
Training and materials will be provided.
The key responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming speaker requests in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner
- Produce and maintain an informative presentation from provided outline and tailor to suit different audiences
- Impart awareness, knowledge and insight of the work of Mercy Ships to various types of groups
- Facilitate the receipt and banking of forthcoming donations according to Mercy Ships procedures
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Great time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience building successful relationships
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and Email
- Own laptop in reliable condition
- A Christian faith
How to apply:
If you are interested in becoming a Speaking Representative, please contact us on 1300 739 899 or [email protected]