This is an unpaid volunteer role on board the Africa Mercy or Global Mercy, hospital ships serving those in need in sub-Saharan Africa by providing free, life-saving surgeries and strengthening health care systems.
Providing excellent customer service, Service Desk Analysts are the first line of help desk support, assisting with hardware and software incidents and problems via phone, email, or tickets.
The Service Desk Analyst volunteer position, part of the Information Services Department, will be located on the Africa Mercy and Global Mercy, the world’s largest non-governmental hospital ships. The preferred minimum time commitment for this role is three months.
- A high degree of customer service for all support queries and follow to service management principles
- Respond to and resolve customer calls in a professional and timely manner
- Take ownership of customer problems and be proactive when dealing with their issues
- Troubleshoot workstation operating systems, applications, peripherals, network and hardware issues
- Support customers in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and support of IT and telecommunications equipment