Mercy Ships Australia Ltd Privacy Statement
Mercy Ships Australia is committed to protecting your privacy. Mercy Ships Australia collects and stores your personal information on a database used by Mercy Ships Australia and its parent organisation, Mercy Ships, a United States nonprofit religious corporation incorporated in California and domiciled in the State of Texas. That database can only be accessed by using a password. Mercy Ships Australia uses some of your personal information to help those in need. Mercy Ships Australia’s collection, storage and use of your personal information is regulated by the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
Personal information collected by Mercy Ships Australia may include:
- your contact information like your name, address, email address, phone number;
- your date of birth, gender and occupation;
- your bank account or credit card details; and
- a history of your donations and correspondence with Mercy Ships Australia.
The way in which Mercy Ships Australia may collect information from you includes by phone, in person, online, by email or on forms completed by you. Personal information collected online is secured using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. Mercy Ships Australia also collects information from its own records of how much you have donated.
Mercy Ships Australia may use your personal information to:
- process your donation or provide receipts;
- provide you with information on how your donation is used;
- confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your donation;
- send you information about Mercy Ships Australia’s activities, including by way of a newsletter; and
- develop, improve and market our range of activities, projects and fund raising appeals.
Should you not wish to receive the newsletter or information about Mercy Ships Australia’s activities, projects and fund raising appeals, please let us know.
Mercy Ships Australia will not sell your personal information or share it with any one. However, it may disclose your personal information to:
- Australia Post who assist with mailing operations;
- the web site designer who assists with website usage analysis; and
- Mercy Ships Australia’s Bank when depositing your donations and membership fees.
Mercy Ships Australia takes reasonable steps to ensure that third parties are bound to keep private your personal information as required by law and to only use your personal information for the specific purpose for which Mercy Ships Australia provides it.
Mercy Ships Australia may also disclose your personal information to:
- its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- law enforcement, government or other organisations as required by law;
- when it is legally required to do so.
Mercy Ships Australia will keep and use your information after you have provided a donation or communicated with Mercy Ships Australia in some way. How long Mercy Ships Australia holds and uses the information after you have stopped donating or corresponding with it depends on requirements under law and your association with Mercy Ships Australia.
If you want to change any information that you have previously given to Mercy Ships Australia, have any queries about the use of your personal information, or if you do not want to receive any further information from Mercy Ships Australia you can:
- call our National Office on (07) 5437 2992; or
- email [email protected]
The contents of this site are copyright Mercy Ships Australia Limited ABN 30 097 037 922. No material may be reproduced or communicated to the public in any format without the written permission of Mercy Ships Australia Limited.