Financial partnerships are critical for the work of Mercy Ships to help meet patients’ medical needs. This can be achieved through funding our Medical Programs, volunteers and sponsorship of events.
Funding a Medical Program
Mercy Ships actively seeks partners and sponsors for desperately needed surgical, medical, dental and community development programs in the world’s poorest nations. Please contact us to discuss how you can engage in one or more of these programs:
Specialised Surgical Solutions Cameroon 2017-18
Providing Life-Changing General Surgeries
Project Goal: Reduce the effects of neglected trauma, disease, and congenital conditions by providing general surgeries.
- Provide specialised surgeries for people affected by general medical conditions such as hernias and goiters.
- Educate patients on general health care basics.
- Offer counselling to men, women and children who are affected by their physical conditions.
Reconstructing Hope Cameroon 2017-18
Providing Plastic Reconstructive Surgeries in Africa
Project Goal: Improve the quality of life for patients suffering from severe burns and other plastic reconstructive needs through life-enhancing surgeries.
- Provide surgeries for patients to correct deformities from severe burns, congenital abnormalities, and specific soft tissue tumours.
- Provide counselling for patients and their families suffering from emotional and mental scarring as a result of their condition, as needed.
- Provide physical therapy, as needed.
Cameroon Smiles 2017-18
Providing Dental Care in Africa
Project Goal: Reduce the incidence of dental disease by providing dental education and treatments such as restorations, extractions, and cleaning.
- Serve patients affected by tooth decay, infections, and small oral lesions.
- Provide clinical dental hygiene services.
- Provide dentures to patients requiring replacements.
- Facilitate basic oral health education to elementary and secondary students and clients in the dental clinics.
- Mentor dental health mentorship participants in various aspects of assisting, sterilising, and teaching oral hygiene.
Outlook of Hope Cameroon 2017-18
Providing Maxillofacial Surgeries
Project Goal: Improve the quality of life of patients suffering from maxillofacial deformities through life-saving and life-enhancing surgeries.
- Provide between surgeries for patients to correct maxillofacial conditions.
- Provide cleft-lip/palate repairs.
- Provide counselling for patients and their families with potential emotional and mental scarring as a result of the maxillofacial condition, as needed.
- Provide speech therapy services, as needed.
Women’s Health Cameroon 2017-18
Improving Women’s Health in Africa
Project Goal: Improve the quality of life for patients suffering from obstetric fistula, prolapse and other gynaecological conditions through life-enhancing surgeries.
- Provide surgeries for patients suffering with obstetric fistula, uterine prolapse or other gynaecological conditions.
- Provide counselling for patients and their families with potential emotional and mental scarring as a result of their condition, as needed.
- Work with local partners to conduct campaigns to provide general information about fistula, prolapse and the surgical options with Mercy Ships.
To discuss Funding a Medical Program please contact Alan Burrell, Managing Director, on [email protected] or 07 5437 2992.
Funding a Volunteer
Companies may wish to fund existing volunteers who need support or employees who would like to volunteer whilst serving onboard the ship. This is a great way to engage employees and support corporate social responsibility goals. Employees gain real-world training opportunities and improved morale. Employees with different skills from medical staff to engineers and IT can volunteer from 2 weeks to long term and will gain a complete a life changing experience. For more information about volunteering please click here.
To discuss Funding a Volunteer please contact Alan Burrell, Managing Director, on [email protected] or 1300 739 899.
Sponsoring one of Mercy Ships many activities can improve your brand perception and corporate profile in local communities and promote a positive corporate image to your target audience.
We have a number of sponsorship opportunities targeted at diverse audiences and we can tailor packages to meet your business objectives. Sponsorship packages include:
Events including Charity Auctions and Exhibitions
We regularly hold events that guest speaker surgeons and GPs attend, as well as government, corporates and donors. We have different levels of sponsorship packages with naming rights of events that we can offer your company.
Marketing Co-branding Opportunities
By sponsoring our direct marketing brochures, Supporter magazine and website, your company can reach a new target audience for its products.
Other Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
Your company may be interested in offering pro bono services or gifts in kind including:
- Donating Equipment and Goods
- Providing In-Kind and Pro Bono services
- Donating space such as office space
- Sponsoring Foundation gifts
To discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact Alan Burrell, Managing Director, on [email protected] or 1300 739 899.